what this is
This note is a convertible instrument that is intended to be used by a startup to document a seed investment from a third party investor or a bridge financing from existing shareholders.
The terms of the note are substantially based on the keep-it-simple-security created by 500 Startups and include some of the investor friendly provisions typically included in convertible seed investments in the US and as adopted for other global markets.
how it works
This note anticipates that the investment amount is drawn down in one lump sum and is unsecured. The investment amount:
- automatically converts to equity on the date of a qualifying capital raise
- is repayable (potentially at a multiple of the outstanding amount) or convertible at the investor’s discretion on the occurrence of a liquidity event
- is repayable or convertible at the investor’s discretion at any time following maturity.
This note also anticipates that it may be one of a series of identical notes entered into as part of a seed investment round. In that case, some decisions that relate to the investment round as a whole are to be made by a majority of the investors, rather than by an individual investor.
- 8 key features of convertible notes in southeast asia
- raising capital for your startup: convertible notes vs equity
- raising seed capital in southeast asia: structure & terms
you might also like
We also have another popular variation of the convertible note – our SAFE convertible note template.
The terms of the note are substantially based on the simple agreement for future equity created by the US accelerator, Y-Combinator.
using our templates